Unwanted Ads: How To Disable Jeetyet Media Ads

At times when you browse some websites you will wonder if some ads you see there are really part of the websites ads because they stand out different, in a strategic position, with animations attracting your attention to click. I always wonder if the site owners really know what they are doing by placing such ads in that position to attract attention more than the content of the website, not until I saw one in my blog post.

I was editing and previewing my work when I saw a giant ad somewhere in my blog; but I could not remember placing an ad block in that position. That was crazy.

I browse through my computer to see what went wrong, what was compromised. In the add-ons section of my browser, I found this, BIG headed, plugin "Jeetyet" but I did not install such plugin to my browser, who most have done that.

Some program you downloaded from the internet most have done that nonsense. But we can take care of it. Unstall it and live a happy life.

Yours may not be "Jeetyet" ad but this is how to uninstall any plugin you don't need on your browser

--> Click on Tools from your menu bar (if you cant see the menu bar press ALT on your keyboard)

--> Click Add-ons

You can easily press CTR+SHIFT+A to open your Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox

--> In the list of Add-ons locate and disable any plugin that look suspicious, in this case "Jeetyet".

--> Restart your browser. You may like to restore your previous session when you restart your Mozilla Firefox check Restore Last Session in Mozilla Firefox

OooK... Hope that clear thinks up. Hit any of the social button or drop a comment below.

Comments