How I Recovared My HTC Pocket PC




since I bought my windows mobile device everything was working fine in fact I enjoy using such a mobile device because it has what I want in mobile phone (it's size operating system and applications) they are all perfect not until the day I discovered that my window mobile device will not longer boot. With all I know about computer maintenance I can’t really figure out what the problem was. Actually to me pocket PC is just a micro computer with mobile phone functionality. if I should have a computer with Windows 7 installed on it, Pocket PC is a mobile device running on Windows CE the two are synonymous. If my computer refuse to boot to windows one of those things that comes to my mind is booting files, perhaps one of the booting files is corrupt, so is either I repair or format such computer this same idea I applied to my Pocket PC, now the question is how do I format the device? There is nothing like format in Pocket PC, you can only reset, and there is two type of reset: Soft and Hard reset.
Soft reset is another way to restart the device in case of memory freeze.
Hard reset will erase all data/program stored in the device memory (restore to factory setting). I restored my pocket PC by Hard reset
Here is how to hard reset

  1. Hold down the Camera, record and power buttons.
  2. Insert your stylus in the software reset hole while holding the three buttons.
  3. Once you see the three item menu (very pale, with no back-light), then you can release the three buttons.
  4. Change the settings on the screen to NO NO YES, then press the action button. 
  5. Press the power button again (if another screen appear) Then you can allow it to boot
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Post a Comment